Gratuité accordée à la personne handicapée et à son accompagnateur sur présentation d'un justificatif.
Garden in free access, free for all :
Perspective and flowerbeds of the Jardin des Plantes, School of Botany, Alpine garden, rose garden, Jardin des Pivoines, Jardin des Iris
Free access to the gardens for all:
Perspective and flowerbeds of the Jardin des Plantes, School of Botany, Alpine garden, rose garden, Peony garden, Iris garden.
Open daily, hours vary depending on the season. Generally from 7.30am to 7.45pm (summer) and 8am to 5.15pm (winter).
, , , , , , , ,
, , ,
- Physical disability: the Grande Galerie de l'Evolution and the Galerie des Enfants are accessible to visitors in wheelchairs with adapted toilets. The height of furniture and machines has been well thought out. No access to the Galerie de Paléontologie and Galerie d'Anatomie Comparée. Some others sites in the museum are partially accessible with an accompanying person (Ménagerie at the Jardin des Plantes).
- All disabilities: permanent exhibitions (except for tactile visits), guided tours and workshops with speakers are free. Guided tours and workshops are specially designed using pedagogical materials to suit different audiences. Audio guides and adapted routes can be downloaded at http://www.museesenliberte.fr/index.php
- Visual impairment: in the Grande Galerie de l'Evolution, a tactile tour enables the visitor to discover some 15 animal sculptures in bronze. Descriptions are in contrasting colours, large characters and relief are used.
- Hearing impairment: guided tours and workshops in French Sign Language, lead by deaf guides. All multimedia and video material, including in the language spoken, are subtitled in French and English and translated into French Sign Language.
- Mental disability: numerous mutli-sensory, enternaining and interactive elements, simple routes.
Find out more at:
http://www.mnhn.fr/le-museum/ (click on the top right)
Wheelchair loan on +33 (0)1 40 79 54 79 (for the Grande Galerie de l'Evolution, the Galerie des Enfants and the Jardin des Plantes).