Gratuité accordée à la personne handicapée et à son accompagnateur sur présentation d'un justificatif.
Free for under 26s from countries within the European Union
Free for under 26s, job seekers, those receiving French state benefits, members of ICOM, journalists, disabled visitor and accompanying person.
Full price €13; reduced €10
Reduced rate from 20 people
Wednesday-Monday from 10am to 6pm (last entry at 5.15pm).
, , ,
- All disabilities: free entry to permanent exhibitions (except for tactile tours), guided tours, workshops with speakers. For those with a disability, our guided tours and workshops use materials and resources that are tailored to their audiences. Audio guides and adapted plans are available to download at http://www.museesenliberte.fr/index.php.
- Physical disability: the Grande Galerie de l'Evolution and the Galerie des Enfants are wheelchair accessible with disabled toilets. The height of our furniture and layout has been specially thought through. Floor-level entrance or ramp, lowered and adapted reception desk, adapted toilets with grab rail and adapted sink.
- Visual impairment: in the Grande Galerie de l'Evolution, tactile plans are available to discover about 15 bronze animal sculptures (freely accessible).
A corian sign with bas-relief drawings and explanations in Braille accompany each sculpture. Each floor has maps and descriptive signs in contrasting colours, with large writing and relief text. Glass walls and doors marked with contrasting elements, stairs with visual and tactile contrast before first step down and with continuous hand rail and marked edges of steps, lift with adapted keypad (buttons in relief and/or Braille) and speaker to announce floor numbers.
- Audio impairment: guided tours and workshops in French Sign Language, lead by deaf tour guides. All the multimedia displays and videos with spoken audio are sub-titled in French and English and translated into French Sign Language. Fire alarm accompanied by flashing lights in areas where a deaf or hard of hearing person may be alone, such as in toilets.
- Mental disability: multi-sensory elements that are fun and interactive, simplified guides and tours. Trained/educated staff, easy to understand signs, entrance monitored with CCTV and visible from reception/
For more information:
Click the following link, then go to "Accessibility" and select your disability.