28 place de la Bourse - 75002 Paris
Opéra - Grands Boulevards
It was built upon the orders of Napoleon and is named after the architect that designed it: Alexandre Théodore Brongniart.
Opened on 4 November 1826 by the Comte de Chabrol (the prefect of the Seine), it housed the Bourse de Paris (Paris stock exchange) for nearly one and a half centuries.
The Bourse de Paris has since moved. The famous trading floor, around which stokebrokers dealt with the largest values quoted on the stock exchange, was removed on 14 July 1987.
The Palais Brongniart houses a gallery devoted to the Bourse and its role in the economy. Architect: A. Brongniart.
Since 2008, the site can no longer be visited.