1 avenue Claude Vellefaux - 75010 Paris
République - Gares de l'Est et du Nord
The hôpital Saint-Louis was built between 1607 and 1612, on King Henri IV's orders. The main architects were Claude Vellefaux and Claude Chastillon. The architecture of the old hospital is similar to that of place des Vosges in the Marais. It is a lovely place for a walk, especially on Saturdays and Sundays between April and October when the garden, in a square lined by marvellous 17th century buildings, is open to the public from 11am to 6pm.