The Saint-Julien-le-Pauvre Church is close to the oldest tree in Paris, in the René Viviani square. In the heart of the Latin Quarter, it was built at the start of the 12th century, on the foundations of a 6th-century church. The church is considered to be one of the oldest in the capital. Art admirers will love the listed building: the capitals of the South columns are decorated with harpies, and there is an iconostasis built in 1900 by the Byzantine Rite, and a paving stone from the original Roman road from Lutetia (Paris) to Orléans. Large 12th-century buttresses are visible on the exterior. In 1889, the church was granted to the Eastern Catholic Melkite community, and classical music concerts are regularly held there.