Gratuité accordée à la personne handicapée et à son accompagnateur sur présentation d'un justificatif.
Free for under 26s, job-seekers and those receiving minimum social benefits, members of the ICOM, journalists, disabled person and his/her companion.
Free for under 26s from countries within the European Union
€7. Reduced rate €5.
Group of 20 person : reduced price
Times vary depending on the season: Wednesday-Monday, 10am-5pm or 10am-6pm.
, , , ,
- Motor disability: the Grande Galerie de l’Evolution and the Galerie des Enfants are entirely accessible to those in a wheelchair, with adapted toilet facilities. The height of furniture and devices, etc. has been especially thought out. No access into the Galeries de Paléontologie et d'Anatomie Comparée for the physically disabled. Certain other parts of the museum are partially accessible with a guide (Ménagerie du Jardin des Plantes). We hope to install a lift for the Galerie de Minéralogie et de Géologie in 2018.
- For all disabilities: permanent exhibitions free to the public (with the exception of tactile tours), guided visits, workshops with speakers. For the disabled public, the guided tours and workshops use tangible and educational means specifically tailored to those visiting the museum. Audio guides and adapted routes are available to download on the website http://www.museesenliberte.fr/index.php.
- Visually impaired: in the Grande Galerie de l’Evolution, an integrated tactile route lets you discover around fifty bronze animal sculptures (free access). A Corian plateau with raised designs and information in braille are associated with the sculptures. Informative maps and descriptive signs raised, in contrasting colours and large characters/writing are present on all levels.
- Deaf or hard of hearing: guided tours and workshops in French sign language, led by deaf guides. All multimedia and video devices understanding the spoken language are subtitled in French and English and translated into French sign language.
- Mental disability: presence of numerous polysensory, fun and interactive elements, simplified visits.
For more information on accessibility:
http://www.mnhn.fr/le-museum/ (click top right)
Wheelchair availability: +33 (0)1 40 79 54 79 (for the Grande Galeria de l'Evolution, the Galerie des Enfants and the Jardin des Plantes).