PARK-GARDEN-PROMENADE

Cimetière de Belleville

40 rue du Télégraphe - 75020 Paris Buttes-Chaumont - Belleville
Opened in 1808, this cemetery belonged to the commune of Belleville, which was incorporated into Paris in 1860. A hundred or so trees provide shade for the 3,200 graves here, including a memorial to the Paris Commune and the grave of Léon Gaumont, a pioneer of colour and talking pictures. The Telegraph, built by Chappe in 1792-1793, stands on this former part of the Parc de Ménilmontant, at a height of 128 metres. Below is ‘Plein Air’, the first urban flower farm in Paris. Nearly 200 species of flowers are cultivated and sold on some Saturdays.

Map

Map
Address
40 rue du Télégraphe
75020 Paris
Public transportation
(M)
11Telegraphe
(B)
60Borrego

Useful information