Letizia Le Fur lives and works in Paris. A 1998 graduate of the École des Beaux-Arts de Tours, Letizia Le Fur initially trained as a painter. Encouraged by artist and teacher Valérie Belin, she soon turned her aesthetic quest towards photography.
Fascinated by myths, she developed a body of work on the place of man in his primary environment, while reflecting on both the representation of beauty and a fantasized elsewhere.
To echo the major Olympic Games to be held in Paris in 2024, she has chosen to celebrate little games: those that intrude into everyday life, which we often perceive by chance. fleeting and spontaneous, they bear witness to the city's lively, dynamic spirit of the city. Le Beau Jeu is an exploration of our intimate, playful relationship with the land.
She is taking her inspiration from the philosopher Mathieu Triclot, who reminds us that "to play is to become human", a way of living and growing together.
©Letizia Le Fur
The Grand Prix Photo Paris je t'aime x Photo Days, born in 2021, aims to support contemporary creation and emerging artists while offering a different representation of Paris.
On the eve of the 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games, the theme of the second edition of the Grand Prix Photo Paris je t'aime x Photo Days was "Paris, Jeux".
Professional photographers were invited to showcase Paris and Greater Paris around the Games - drawing on their own interpretation and personal imagination - as vectors of social connection, proximity and diversity.
The winner of this year's competition will receive €15,000, and his or her project will be exhibited at the end of 2024 at SPOT24, the new Paris je t'aime venue. An exhibition catalog will also be printed.
● Corinne Menegaux - Director of Paris je t'aime - Office de tourisme, President of the jury
● Emmanuelle de l'Ecotais - Artistic Director of Photo Days
● Frédéric Hocquard - Deputy Mayor of Paris in charge of Tourism and Nightlife, City of Paris
● Olivier Bourdelas - Chairman of Inocap gestion
● Julie Jones - Curator of Photography, Centre Pompidou
● Aline Pujo – Commissaire d’exposition indépendante
● Valérie d'Arc – Directrice de la communication, Paris je t’aime - Office de tourisme
● François Gautret – Directeur RStyle, commissaire d’exposition SPOT24
● Pierre Martinez – Responsable de l‘Olympiade Culturelle
● SMITH – Photographe lauréat de la première édition
Paris je t’aime
Inès de Ferran
07 63 47 35 49
06 80 95 17 00