6 rue Notre-Dame-des-Victoires - 75002 Paris
Opéra - Grands Boulevards
In 1628, King Louis XIII commissioned the building of the Notre-Dame des Victoires church but the work had barely begun before it was suspended due to lack of funds. In 1656, the construction was restarted and the church was finally completed in 1666. As a final touch, the doorway was designed by Jean-Sylvain Cartaud who completed the construction of the sanctuary from 1737 to 1740. During the Revolution, the church was stripped of its religious privileges and became the headquarters of the National Lottery then the Stock Exchange under the Directory. It was made a church again in 1802.